LINKS AND IMAGES WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Monday 11 July 2011

Wish me luck!

When I initially created this blog, it was with the sole intention of posting stitching-themed content only. I was determined that I did NOT want it to become a personal blog about myself and all aspects of my life.

Regrettably, I have nothing new to report in terms of stitching progress, as I’ve had to temporarily put my cross-stitching on hold, in order to focus on my LearnDirect online-learning ITQ/ECDL course.

On Thursday, I am due to sit the exam for the Databases module, so have been incredibly busy revising. Revision was not something that ever came naturally to me when I was at school, and I’m not so sure that it is something that comes naturally to me now.

The Databases module has been incredibly challenging for me, primarily because prior to starting the module, I knew very little about databases, or Microsoft Access. Unlike the word processing module, I have found it considerably difficult to remember what I’ve studied. This has resulted in me repeatedly going back over what I’ve covered, which has been a rather tedious and time-consuming exercise.

During recent days, I have been completing diagnostic evaluation tests. In plain English, that’s a practice test. At the end of a test, I’m able to see how well I’ve done. To date, I’ve not been able to score any higher than 90/100. Rather frustratingly though, the information I’m supplied with does not state the questions I answered correctly and incorrectly, so it’s impossible to know for sure what my strengths and weaknesses are.

In order to pass the exam, I think I need to get at least 75% of the answers right. If my results for the diagnostic evaluation tests are anything to go by, this means I stand a good chance of achieving that. However, I know that if I don’t get 100%, it will really bug me, and I will personally feel that I’ve failed.

1 comment:

Rainy Day Crafter said...

I really hope it went well - I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)