LINKS AND IMAGES WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Monday 18 July 2011

Exam update

Last Thursday, I sat my ITQ Databases module exam (see previous post). I had felt so anxious about it that I hadn’t been able to get a wink of sleep since I’d awoken the previous day. I was due to be at the Learn Direct learning centre for 1:30pm, by which time I was definitely feeling sleep deprived.

There were 36 questions to answer within 45 minutes. The exam consisted of multiple-choice questions, and practical hands-on questions. The latter involved following a set of instructions, and performing tasks on a mock-up Microsoft Access screen.

Because I felt so tired, I knew I had the potential to make silly mistakes, so I made a point of taking my time, and ensuring that I read everything at least twice. Despite taking my time, I completed the exam in less than 20 minutes.

The nerve-wracking moment came after I’d answered the final question, and submitted my answer, as I knew the next screen would display my exam result. I spent several seconds (which seemed like a lifetime), putting off submitting my answer.

I am pleased to report that all those hours spent cramming for my ITQ Databases module exam paid off. Ok, I didn’t get 100%, but I got close enough. It was a huge boost to my ego when my tutor commented that when she had sat the exam; her result had been lower than mine. Blimey!



Despite passing the exam, I still don’t feel that I’ve fully mastered Microsoft Access. I worry that if I don’t find a way of putting my recently acquired skills to use, I will forget what I’ve learnt.

Anyway, I was asked what module I would like to study next. The choice was between spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint). I had already made my mind up weeks ago that I’d opt for the latter, so that’s what I’m studying now.

During a recent visit to the supermarket, I couldn’t resist putting a 20cl bottle of Freixenet Cordon Negro (Cava) in my trolley. When I arrived home from my exam, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to treat myself to a glass, which went down very nicely indeed.



Although the 20cl-sized bottle is adequate for one person, it has a screw-top, as opposed to a cork, which was a bit of a let down. From my point of view, there is something about the sound of a cork popping that adds to the excitement and overall enjoyment of drinking Cava.

2 comments:

Rainy Day Crafter said...

Congratulations! I'm really pleased that you did so well, you certainly deserved the bubbles! :)

CrazyStitcher said...

Thank you! :-D x