LINKS AND IMAGES WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Monday 4 July 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Whilst checking my e-mails last night, I found myself feeling thoroughly elated when I discovered that I had received one from Aurelia Eglantine of Eglantine Stitchery, informing me that I was the recipient of a blog award.

I’ve been aware for a good many years that blog awards exist, but I honestly never thought that my own blog would be deemed worthy of such an award. To be honest, I think the last time I won an award was more than twenty years ago, when I was back at school. If memory serves me, I was presented with a Certificate of Merit for some English work I had done. At the school I attended, a Certificate of Merit was considered to be something quite special, as it was the highest form of recognition one could receive for one’s work. Obviously, I was thrilled when I received mine, but remember feeling acutely horrified at the prospect of having to receive it in front of the whole school, during assembly. I was so full of anxiety that my legs felt like jelly, I was sweating profusely, and also felt like there was an Olympic gymnast inside my stomach performing somersaults. Had my photograph been taken, I’m quite sure that I would have looked absolutely terrified, as opposed to looking incredibly pleased and proud of myself.

I’m pleased to report that on this occasion, I don’t feel anxious, and I certainly don’t look terrified, just incredibly flattered.

Anyway, there are three requirements to fulfil to accept the award, which are:

1)     Thank the Person Who Awarded You

Thank you so much Aurelia for considering my blog to be worthy of an award. It’s impossible for me to put into words just how flattered I feel, but suffice to say that it really has been an incredible ego boost.

2)     List Seven Things About Yourself

1)  I adore my pair of DMC Vichy ‘gingham’ scissors, which I’ve been the proud owner of for a number of years. As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to have them, as they’re just so lovely and quirky.

2) When my mother decided the time had come to potty-train me, she purchased a yellow potty. I liked it so much that I refused to use it for the purpose it was intended for, and instead took great delight in wearing it on my head (like a hat).

3)   Apart from when I’m stitching kits, I prefer to use DMC-branded threads. In my opinion, the shades are so much more vibrant.

4)   During the 1980s, Duran Duran were my favourite pop group, and I had a major crush on Simon Le Bon. I didn’t just want to marry him and have his babies, I wanted to dress like him too. There was a BBC programme called Jim’ll Fix It, and I spent many years desperately hoping that Jim would fix it for me to meet Simon Le Bon (not that I ever wrote and asked). Alas! None of the above was meant to be.

5)  When cross-stitch patterns state the size of needle to be used, I rarely pay attention, preferring to opt for a size of needle that feels right for me.

6) I used to be an avid Manchester United football fan, although never attended any of their matches. Incidentally, I was born at the same hospital as Ryan Giggs, and also attended the same secondary school as former Man Utd player, Lee Sharpe.

7)     I always make a point of washing items I have stitched, even if they look and smell clean.

3)     Pass the Award to 15 Other Stylish Bloggers

This is a tough one, as I only know a handful of bloggers. Therefore, I’m going to include links to some stitching, and non-stitching websites. I’ll list the blogs first, in alphabetical order.

1)     Byrd’s Nest
3)     Dylan’s Diary
5)     Firefly Dreams
6)     Flossy Bobbin
8)     CrossStitch UK

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Stitcher,
I wish you all the best. You have done very well.

Cheers,

Crazy Stitchers Mum.

Sally said...

Thank you for the award Rebecca :) I'll blog it later. I think you and many others had a crush on Simon Le Bon! Lol!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Congrats CrazyStitcher! You really deserve it - your stitching is always beautiful!

Glad this award experience was a much better one, LOL! I always prefer DMC for non-kit stitching too, and use whatever needle feels right to me :)

Rainy Day Crafter said...

Congratulations Crazy Stitcher, and thanks so much for the award too :)

Lol bless, going up onto that stage for whatever reason was never much fun, especially not in front of everyone in assembly!

CrazyStitcher said...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments.

Mother - I think it's a shame that your creative talents have never included the likes of cross-stitch, as I think it is something that you could be very good at. However, you excel at 'domestic' sewing, which I sadly don't.

Sally - You're welcome! Bass guitarist John Taylor was rather yummy too. Lol.

Aurelia - Thank you! The same can be said for your stitching too, which I've always considered to be far better than mine.

Yes, this award experience was certainly far more pleasurable. Once again, thank you so much!

Rainy Day - Thank you, and you're welcome! Thank you also for the honourable mention on your blog.

To be honest, it isn't just going up on stage that brings back unpleasant memories, it is the school assemblies full stop. I could almost always guarantee that my stomach would start rumbling, or something else would happen (that I'd prefer not to mention), which would attract unwanted attention.

However, I do have 'fond' memories of the assemblies where we had to bid farewell to unpopular members of staff, even though it obviously couldn't have been a pleasant experience for them. ;-)