LINKS AND IMAGES WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Wednesday 2 February 2011

My First Blog

This isn’t my first attempt at blogging, but it is my first attempt at blogging on this site. I can see that it’s going to take me a while to familiarise myself with the site, and the various tips and tricks available.

During my early twenties, I developed a keen interest in cross-stitch, but unfortunately experienced a mental block a few years ago, part-way through a project. Talk about lousy timing! As I hadn’t expected my mental block to last for as long as it had, I’d refused to store my project and numerous threads away. In hindsight, that probably wasn’t one of my better ideas, seeing as everything got covered in dust and plenty of it too.

When a friend decided to try her hand at cross-stitch in December 2010, I found myself feeling inspired and motivated again. I’d got the stitching bug back, and it felt GREAT! To be honest, the timing couldn’t have been better considering that one of the Christmas presents I received happened to be a cross-stitch kit.

Anyway, the reason why I’ve set up this blog is to keep an online record of my stitching projects and achievements, which family, friends, and maybe even complete strangers, can view too.

No comments: