I’ve been intending to post this for a while, so I hope I can be forgiven for the delay.
Several weeks ago, my mother unsubtly hinted that she was sure my gran would like to see my Blackwork, and so I decided to stitch Laurie, by designer Jeanne Dansby, over at Byrd’sNest.
Laurie was stitched on 14-count Aida. I used DMC shade E3852 for the gold outline, and DMC shades E703 (green) and 4018 (pink) for the filling stitches. The card was one that I just happened to have in my stash, and it’s down to pure luck that the colour of it happens to work so well with Laurie. The piece of batting I placed behind the Aida could have done with being fractionally larger, and because of this, I feel it spoils the overall look of the card. It’s only been during this past year that I’ve started to use batting, and in my opinion, cutting it so that it is exactly the right size, is definitely an art within itself.